Sunday, February 12, 2012

Farewell My Concubine

In keeping with the headdress theme (this type is called a Phoenix Crown LOVE THAT!), I looked to China:

This is the scanned image, can't see metallic paint...

Angled photo to show reflective material

Angled photo
She's for sale in my Etsy shop.  One thing that's interesting about selling original works of art (don't worry, I keep high-res scans of them all), is you feel a tad bit of separation anxiety.  I'm trying to get over it because ultimately I love the idea of making art and moving on to the next piece, without too much sentimentality.  At the same time, I really love this piece (love all my others too!) so I hope she goes to a good home!

I think I'll do an Aztec one next...

1 comment:

  1. really beautiful. the detailing of the robe is wonderful, i like the colors too.

    ReplyDelete